We are an active club with a cruising calendar that typically includes organised cruises of the Swale, Medway, the East Coast, and up to London, and longer cruises to Holland, France, and Belgium. We welcome new members – please come along and meet us at the club on Sunday lunchtime between 1200-1500hrs when the bar is open, and simple food is provided by members.
We also enjoy some great socials during the year, with good wholesome activities like Quiz Nights, Barbecues, the usual Fitting-Out, Laying-Up Suppers and Christmas Parties, and even an annual boat-jumble.
If the burgee is up, we’re open!
Hollowshore Cruising Club is at the head of Oare Creek, beside Oare Road.
Aims and Objectives
Hollowshore Cruising Club aims to support, encourage and promote the sport of yachting for all ages and budgets, for those interested in sailing vessels and power vessels, and for those interested in short term or long term cruising. To achieve this we will
- provide a well-appointed clubhouse for social and educational events
- arrange a series of local, national and international cruises
- arrange a series of social events
- encourage a wide demographic in membership
- promote and encourage safe boating
- maintain links with other sailing clubs and organisations including the RYA and MSBA to ensure that relevant local and national information is passed to members
- ensure that the club remains financially sound
- support the knowledge of members in the science of navigation and in the art of handling and sailing yachts and other vessels
- share our love of the sea with like-minded members